Tuesday, October 9, 2007

There IS a Place Called New York...


And it has pumpkins...




And my cousin Amara...




And all sorts of other relatives too.




And Aunt Kelly came. Obviously.


Mom kept telling me it was a place where there would be chilly weather but really it was almost as hot as home always is, plus there isn't any air conditioning up there yet (I think maybe they aren't as advanced as us North Carolina folks). So I was a bit toasty in my new fall outfits but mom explained that it was worth it because apparently I'm growing quickly and there may not be another chance to wear all these outfits. Personally, I think as long as I'm safely within my diaper then my outfit is perfect, but it seems to be a "perk" of being with mom all the time that my clothing is obsessed over quite often.

Things we did last week:

Saturday: we flew in 2 airplanes, which made mom nervous but I don't think there's anything to worry about. She kept looking at me like maybe I was what was making her nervous but I can't figure that one out, either. Once we landed back on the ground we went to Octoberfest, where there was lots of eating Polish food and drinking from plastic cups, but I passed and just enjoyed the live music and people-watching. I would have stayed late but I think mom was tired so we left early and went to a place mom called "Grandma and Pop's house". I didn't sleep that good; it might have been all that time up in the sky...

Sunday: church is early in New York!!! That's ok; I got dressed up and everything. Then we went for some walks around the neighborhood and I hung out with my cousin Amara.

Monday: the pumpkin farm!!! It was super sunny but really pretty and my shirt matched the colors in the fields and whatnot. Grandma introduced me to chickens, goats and cows, too.

Tuesday: hiking at Tremen Park... above and along all sorts of waterfalls with my aunts and Amara. I slept through most of it, but mom was huffing and puffing so it must have been some kind of marathon or race. Then we spent the night at the Landon's house. I didn't feel like sleeping very much. Mom and I hung out at night.

Wednesday: I went to the chiropractor. Yikes. What a strange thing... but my neck feels good and I'm sleeping pretty well, so if that's what it takes, so be it. Also, lots of stupid shopping. I also met Christine, who is going to have a baby boy in a few weeks. I hope he's cool. I'll play with him at Christmas and find out.

Thursday: Church rummage sales? Are you kidding??? At least afterwards we went to O'Hara's for dinner. The baseball game was on the big screen and it tuckered me out...

Friday: Mom and Aunt Kelly went for a plane ride with Pop. I stayed with Aunt Christie and Amara and tried really hard to behave but there's only so much I can accomplish at 3 months old. Sorry Aunt Christie! At night mom took me to Binghamton for First Friday, open art galleries with Aunt Kelly and Grandma. Pretty artwork, but it was still hot and mom was overly optimistic with my outfit... a sweater AND a hat? Made me too sleepy. That is, until Adrienne and Susan got in the car! They sure are lively!

Saturday: Time for the Apple Festival! Got introduced to a lot of people, mostly by Grandma. Fell asleep in the stroller. Watched mom dip her feet in the pool in the backyard. Then the "ladies" went wine tasting and made a snack supper in the living room.

Sunday: hung out with the ladies (I'm getting pretty good at that!) after church, had a nice Sunday dinner, then went back to Binghamton to drop some of them off at the bus. watched Desperate Housewives.

Monday: back to North Carolina, where people aren't so surprised by the heat...

WHEW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Edward,
    I sounds like you had some busy days with Mom and the rest of the family. I can't wait until we get to go back next year, all together. I hope you had fun and thanks for being helpful on the airplane. I miss you.
    love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.